Specific scientific streams have been identified by the partners in domains of reciprocal interest where they set up more focused cooperations, agreements and research projects, beyond the project scheme.
Building on the excellence of such emerging clusters the partnership will start structured Thematic knowledge clusters for scientific and technological cooperation open to the society, by gathering scientific and industrial stakeholders.
All the partners will be involved with different levels/roles depending on scientific interests.
As regards SAT mobility, clusters have the specific function of :
- reinforcing Higher education by means of Know-how based cooperation
- adding scientific focus and quality to EM academic activity and offer, specially at graduate, PhD and research levels,
- identifying research topics for mobility applicants,
- ensuring a closer scientific supervision of grantees
- coordinating the partnership activities on specific domains.
- organising the exchange of experts to promote centres of excellence and the sharing of knowledge and experiences.
Cluster coordinators will be appointed to facilitate focused activities and communities, brigding them to improved explotation and cross fertilization. A scientific board, including clusters coordinators, will interact with the Steering Committee.
Scientific and technological cooperation will facilitate the establishment of ST centres of excellence promoting regional cooperation and public and private partnerships (PPP) and valorising existing resources, institutional strengths and links with civil society, industrial partners and stakeholders.
Such targeted activities will converge in the attainment of a Virtual technology incubator.